4.07.2008

Need for change





1 - I've been collecting change for Bailee. She (and I) heard about Naomi's favorite game of putting change into a piggy bank and thought we'd try it. She LOVES it. I've decided that I will donate ALL of my spare change (which is an awful lot - Around $5 a week, which adds up) to her piggy bank. I let her put it in one coin at a time, although sometimes she gets greedy and just likes to hold it. Every time the piggy bank fills up, I will take it to the bank (with Bailee in tow, of course) and we will count the change in the coin sorter and add it to an account for her. Even just a few dollars a week in spare change could add up to lots in the future! I figure, she should learn to save what she can, so why not start REALLY early? :) She loves it so far, I'm hoping her attitude doesn't change. (And THANK YOU A TON to Sarah who donated a whole Tupperware full of spare change to add to Bailee's Funds...She's still working on getting it all in the piggy bank. )

I plan to put pictures up soon of Bailee's new game. Hopefully within the next day or so. I have a video that I took of her yesterday playing my piano, and dancing when the songs get faster. I hope she takes dance :)

2 - I've also "changed" in the musical sense, lately. I've been REALLY into classical music the past few days. In my music literature class, we are doing reports over a genre of music that we really enjoy, and I chose a cappella music. I was looking on youtube for a "visual music example" (required as part of our ten-minute in class presentation) and along with "Thriller" Video by Vocalpoint that I found, I came across a guy who beatboxes and plays flute at the same time. And NOT ONLY that, but he's REALLY GOOD. He also has a cd out with his "group" which consists of a Double Bass (or string bass), a Cello, and his flute/drum set. It's really cool to listen to, and even cooler to watch. My favorite so far:



I am also posting this to remind some of you, and let others of you know, that I will be performing my ORIGINAL songs at Coffee on Broadway on Friday June 6th, at around 8:30pm if any of you would like to support me :) AND - I have finally finished the t-shirt design I've been working on for AGES - I'll post an image of the LOGO, and if you want one ($20.00 each) just tell me your size and I'll get it to you by June 6th if not sooner. Thanks!

Another cool video If you've heard the original to this song, you know how impressive this is. Especially towards the end when one of the guys hits a note that sounds high for me!):



And a song discovery:
"Knee Play 1" - From Einstein On The Beach, composed by Phillip Glass.
-Learned about this one in Music Literature (an example of minimalistic music) and let me tell you, despite being CREEPY, it's a pretty cool piece. If you have the chance, look it up sometime. Or ask me to play it for you if you're ever around the house.

No comments: