1.24.2008

Some Recent Writing: A New Take on Poetry



A new take on “poetry”. Esther Moore
You ask me who I am, and I’m not sure what to tell you.
I know what’s inside of myself but not what you see, for I don’t much like the mirror.
I am strong and pertinent, the same as always, and I am not afraid of change.
I will take a stand; raise my voice, if it means I will get my point across.
And in this life that I pretend to live, no one is the boss.

I believe in what I fight for, and I fight for what I believe in.
Hate makes us weak, but I’ve done my fair share of growing stronger.
I love too hard, too fast, and probably too much, but it’s better than not at all.
I will do anything to state my opinion, because it feels so good to be heard.
You could tell me about yourself now, but I wouldn’t hear a word.

Never is the time to pretend you are someone else, love.
We have all been hurt by our dark pasts and revenge, my friend, is sweet.
I have a story or two to tell, If you will listen long enough to make it worth my while.
Don’t look at me like you are confused, because I know you understand.
Please, Baby, take my hand.

I’ll show you what I mean when I say “adventure”.
I’ll tell you what I want and you can make my wildest dreams come true.
And we’ll dance until forever, picturing a future in the stars.
Come a little closer to the point of no return.
Now put a hand on my heart, and feel the hatred burn.

I tell it how it is, no lies. I hate to say I’m wrong.
I’m willing to admit my faults, as long as it is my idea, not yours.
Whether or not I change them is entirely up to me. Always.
When you say you want me, do you mean in reality?
Because with your wink and a cheap drink, I can’t take you seriously.

If you ask me what my instincts are, I’ll look at you and laugh.
Instincts are for wild animals, and I am quite civil.
I don’t like being made fool of, and your slowly falling off my good-list.
Publicity does not change who I am, and neither can your mindless games.
If I wanted to know about you, dear, I would ask your name.

If I really thought you knew what I needed, I would run the other way.
I don’t want someone to rely on. I want someone to hold me, kiss me, Love me the way I deserve.
Sometimes it’s just too much to ask when all you want is something different.
I told you before that I am not afraid of change.
Is now the time to find it, through this cheesy word exchange?

I used to be someone else before I found myself inside.
I just needed to look deeper, close my eyes and take a risk on something.
I found the person I wanted to be, and I’m trying my hardest change.
I used to say that I was sorry but never really take the blame.
But now is the time to show the world that I am not the same.

I’m changing who I am today; proving what I’m made of.
I will try my best to be someone, and give a good impression.
My inner beauty will thank me for flaunting it; my outer will enjoy the peace.
I bet you didn’t know that I had all these things to say.
It’s too bad you can’t see inside yourself, and choose a different way.

No comments: